Composition of the day~!
A Strange Encounter
I do not normally believe in anything out of the realms of science. I suppose this is probably because my father is one of the more prominent physicists of the republic. It was he who instilled in me since I was young, a strong disbelief in anything supernatural. But my beliefs turned 180 degrees during that one night that I spent camping out on St John's Island
My friends who had been staying at the bungalow before, tired to warn me that there were a lot of 'strange phenomena' going on at the bungalow. Naturally, I shrugged off all their warnings. I had a book to write and I did not want to go out far away from home, but I wanted a quiet place to finish my book. My editor had been breathing down my neck. One reason I chose St John's Island was that there was no telephone in the bungalow: My editor could not bug me.
All went well during the day. But that night, a few things began to happen. First there was a power failure. I had to work by candle light and did. It was about 1:00 am when i head a soft knock on the door. I was sure it was a soul from next door. probably he or she wanted to borrow a candle. I opened the door, but no one was there. I thought that perhaps I had been mistaken and went back to my writing. Then I heard a child whimpering. I looked about and thought the sound came from the kitchen. The knight in me was aroused and I rushed into the kitchen to take a look.
When i reached the kitchen, i realise that the sound was from outside the door. Quickly I unbolted the door and looked out. There was no one at the door, but i saw some movements behind some benches, about five metres away. I looked closer and saw quite clearly, a child standing near one of the benches. She was crying softly. '' Hello.'' I called out and started to walk towards her. She turned and looked at me. Then I saw a woman moving from my right towards the child. I was sure that she was the mother and I stopped. The woman moved to the child and then picked her up and embraced her warmly to herself. ''Hello,'' I said again and this time the women turned to look at me. She flashed a smile. Then the smile just faded away, gradually right before my eyes!
I ran forward to look for them. I looked everywhere; behind the benches and among the trees. A cold feeling gripped my heart. I decided that I had better get back to my bungalow and moved back as fast as I could. I then laid awake the whole night wondering what it was that I had stumbled into. I am sure now that this beautiful world of our contains a lot of mysteries- well beyond science.
No comments:
Post a Comment